20080309

yours

I was walking by a river bank when i saw you on the other side.You were far away, on the other side.I was unsure whether it was you whom i really saw.I didn’t want to take the risk of being dissapointed but I was determined.So i continue walking by.

We walked through the sunsets and sunrise, through rough roads and steep slopes all witness by the sun,the moon, the stars, the night skies and God himself.They saw us smile,sulk our way through.They saw us laugh and cry together. They saw us fight and hurt each other and they saw us reconcile and make love. They saw us.

Every step I took along this journey, I kept looking toward the other side.On your side I mean. After every turn and every crossroads, the image which was once so vague is now clear.Ever so clear. I saw a glimpes of what i want to see,most beautiful of sight.It was you.

We were saperated by this river bank though moving towards the same direction.Towards this bright light of glory on the other end of the road.There is where the road and river meets. It is where we will reunite.I knew everything on the other end of the road is clear and sure.At least it was for me.

The image is now more clear than ever before-the image that was self-painted by two hands.Both yours and mine.It was vivid for me.Like I could paint them all over again with my eyes close.


Sometimes i wonder, why are we not on the same side of the river bank?